Terms and Conditions
1. All orders are subject to availability from the manufacturer. We do not issue rain checks. We will not charge your credit card until we confirmed with the manufacturer (Google Checkout authorizes whole ammount on your order right away and it WILL appear as charged on your balance, but won't be actually charged till we proccess your order).
2. All orders require payment in full before delivery, unless otherwise agreed.
3. Due to the nature of furniture business, we proccess all orders manually, and may take up to whole business day. If you place your order over the weekend you won't receive your confirmation till Monday.
4. The information provided on this website is accurate to the best of our knowledge. However, occasionally, there could be typos or errors. We are not obligated to honor or be responsible for these errors. Types of errors are, and not limited to: pricing errors, incorrect delivery charges, dimensions etc.
5. You are responsible for measuring and making sure that your purchase will fit through doorways, stairways, into elevators, etc. In case merchandise doesn't fit, you may request a refund, with a deduction of a restocking fee of 20% of the original purchase price. Shipping charges will also be deducted from your refund. In case of free delivery some actual delivery charge might be deducted from your refund.
6. YOU HAVE TO NOTIFY US about unusual delivery conditions: floors, walk-ups, basement, etc. (in case you expect the delivery crew to bring it in, of course). Most of these services are not free and have to be discussed individually. In case there's a conflict, we reserve a right to return a merchandise to a warehouse, refunding your payment - shipping charge - restocking fee (20%). Please be reasonable. If you want to order something and not sure if it'll fit, give us a call before placing an order. There are no free 'tries' in furniture industry, so please take it seriously.
7. You must accept delivery at the assigned date/time. In case you're not in home during agreed delivery time another delivery fee might be applied. In case you can't be there at proposed timeframe, we will offer you a different timeframe/date which will be different based on your area.
8. Drivers cannot deliver furniture if someone 18 years or older is not at home at the time of delivery.
9. Drivers cannot handle furnishings that are not listed on the delivery documents. This includes, but is not limited to, electronic components (e.g. televisions, computers, stereos). They can HELP you with that, but absolutely not obliged to. If you are not ready for your delivery (no space for assembly or new furniture provided), delivery might be canceled and new delivery fee and date will be applied. Please be advised that drivers can't also do some custom work not connected to the furniture assembly, like hanging mirros on the walls - it requires special insurance and will never be done as a part of furniture delivery service.
Our drivers and delivery teams are the best professionals in industry, but you must understand that furniture delivery and assembly are provided as complimentary services and includes some risks. While we take care to avoid damaging any property while delivering furniture, which are generally heavy, bulky items, we are not responsible for any accidental property damage that may occur. If you don't want to take that risk, please ask drivers to unload your furniture and take care of further delivery/assembly by your own preffered method.
Assembly Policy: Assembly service provided at no extra cost (at most cases) in local areas (NY-NJ-CT-MA-MD-DC-PA). It is absolutely complimentary service. Some certain items we do not assemble (kids beds, office furniture, wall-units). It is free service, but any reasonable tips for delivery crew are, of course, appriciated. All delivery invoices have a spot where you mark down if assembly was provided, or not (if not = you are refusing it for some reason). Drivers are always asking the customer about assembly. Invoice has to be signed in either one of the spots. There is absolutely no claims would be answered if somebody else signed the invoice for you, or you realized 1-2-3 days after delivery you could get the furniture assembled for free. We do provide this service for free, and we provide it once. Thank you for understanding.
10. Special orders will require a payment in full by credit card. There are no deposits for special orders. Deposits for any other orders can be returned only with conjuction with cancellation terms (see below). There are no cash refunds.
11. Prices are subject to change without notice. We undertake no responsibility to honor pricing or other errors on our website.
12. We don't take any packaging or boxes left after delivery is done (packing that furniture is packed into), our delivery teams only can help you to organize it, throw it in the dumpster, etc.
13. We are NOT RESPONSIBLE for any delays in your order delivery that may occur (especially if we are talking about special order furniture). You have to understand, that this is sometimes very complicated proccess including many transportation companies, warehouses, etc. The longer this 'chain' is, the longer delay may occur. For local warehouses and local deliveries we deliver very fast, that's true, but in case of long-distance pickups-deliveries, there are delays may occur. You must understand that, we are trying our best to get your furniture delivered ASAP, sometimes it's delayed because of the reasons beyond our jurisdiction. Please call us before you place your order and customer service represantative would be able to provide you with more accurate information or answer your question about possible delivery times/options. Unless other companies on the market we will always provide you with real times/dates and won't give you any empty promises.
1. Order can be cancelled any time before item (s) ships out or ordered from a manufacturer's warehouse. In this case you have absolute right for full refund.
2. If we got your furniture from manufacturer, restocking fee of 20% will be applied. You have to understand, we don't keep stock for 99% of the items, and every single order is bought from manufacturer, individually for your order. Manufacturers do not accept 'full-refund' returns, they all charge restocking fee. We charge you a restocking fee because of that reason. We do not profit on restocking fees.
3. If your item is ordered from the manufacturer and already shipped out, or shipped out for delivery to your location you will be charged for shipping costs (in case there is). Return shipping/delivery cost also might be applied.
4. Comfyco.com reserves a right to cancel any order at any time, for any reason. Of course, if we are cancelling by ourselves, 100% of your payment is returned.
5. Cancelling orders may be expensive. Please do think twice before placing an order or before cancelling it. This is furniture, not electronics, not clothing. Please consider that.
We can not guarantee that the color on the picture of the ordered item would 100% match with the actual color of the furniture. There are reasons beyond our power for that:
1. We have pictures from very different factories, i.e. sources. All pictures are made by different photographers at different times. Some pictures are more bright, some slightly lack color in some channel, etc. In practice that means colors may differ.
2. Pictures look different on different computers. Every monitor is adjusted the own way. Older monitors give darker and warmer picture.
3. If color on the image and color in description seem like different to you it is better to believe color descriptions, than colors that you see on the picture (like if you see cherish with little red, and item descriptions says 'cherry', that would mean the actual color would be cherry).
4. We are relying on pictures and digital images provided by our suppliers. We can not accept any returns or exchanges based on color issues.
Returns or exchanges will be accepted within 7 days of delivery and will not include the actual shipping costs.
In case your order qualified for a free (discounted) shipping or delivery cost, actual shipping/delivery cost will be deducted from your refund.
In case you are shipping something back to us, as a return/exchange you will need to pay for shipping. We do not have 'free return shipping' policy.
Please call if you are not sure, what's the cost. If you request a pickup service for you return from us, additional cost may apply. For local areas that would be $49.00 typically.
Our delivery + assembly is just a complimentery service to you.
A 20% restocking fee will apply to any item returned. Please see Cancellation Policy on the same page.
There's no such thing as 'I don't like it, come back and take it back'. It's furniture. It's not a piece of equipment you're putting back in the box and ship it back. Most furniture pieces do require some assembly that makes the new piece assembled piece and vice-versa transision is almost impossible. That's why we are declining almost all returns of assembled pieces. In order to be returned, piece should be not assembled and be in original boxes.
Returns without original packaging are not subject for return, there are no exceptions. You have to understand that we are not direct importers or manufacturers of our products, and these products have to be returned to supplier's warehouse, and without original condition and packing, they can't be. Item(s) must be in original packaging & must not be assembled. Returns not in original packaging, or assembled items will not be accepted for return.
Assembled items can not be returned. No furniture manufacturer will accept previously assembled piece of furniture. We are acting as a chain between wholesaler/manufacturer and you, our customer, and, generally have nothing to do with assembled piece of furniture that you might want to return.
Returns of the damaged/scratched items will not be accepted for return. Special Order or 'Comfy Deal' items are not returnable. Mattresses, rugs if unpacked, are not returnable.
Fraud Transactions / Identity Protection
In modern internet world, unfortunately, a lot of fradulent transactions occur. These transactions include purchases from stolen/inactive credit cards or cards that belong to a different person. Those risks still exist, despite very positive efforts of credit cards proccessors to eliminate them completely.
We MAY require you to fax or email us over an additional information, before we proceed with your order. Typically, we would require you to fax us over 1 page of data with following items:
1) Your ID
2) Card that the purchase was made from
3) A sentence in a form of "I authorize Comfyco furniture to charge this card for a $ total amount of purchase....". This has to be submitted along with your signature, name, date.
This additional information mentioned above will be requested from you in extremely rare case, when your card was declined few times when placing an order, for example, or billing and shipping address are completely different, or in case the transaction was under review for a longer than usual amount of time.
REFUSAL TO PROVIDE THIS INFO WILL RESULT IN YOUR ORDER VOID OR/AND DELAY
You must understand that this additional info will be kept intact and of course will not be shared or used in any way: it will be stored securely and will be destroyed after 6-month period upod order completed delivery.
Thank you for understanding and cooperation.
All products sold on the website come with 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty.
Limited means not every case of damage will be honored as a warranty case. There are often cases of misuse, worn-off, etc, and those things are not decided by us, but by respected manufacturers.
Comfyco.com does NOT offer any warranty for the furniture that we sell, since we do not actually manufacture it. As a company, we are only responsible to deliver you the furniture in a perfect condition. Warranty is given by a manufacturer. If some of the furniture at the date of delivery (or within 7 days) is found defective or damaged - we will exchange it at no cost. However, you should be aware that most of these claims will be declined if you signed the invoice that you recieved your furniture in perfect condition, so you must inspect your furniture at the time of delivery. All signed shipping invoices indicate that you inspected your furniture, and if done so, we are unable to file a claim with a shipping company. We inspect all pieces before shipping out, so it's extremely important to inspect all items received. All other claims about defects or imperfections found afterwards should be mailed to claims @ comfyco . com, including your order number, picture(s) and description of the defect. All exchanges / fixes are completely covered and decided by manufacturers, not by us, we act as a 'bridge' between you and manufacturer and responsible only in delivering goods to you in perfect condition. We keep tight relationships with our manufacturers, and those claims will be forwarded to them. If manufacturer approves your claim finding the item(s) defective - we will gladly exchange it, providing you with the shipment of the replacement parts at our expense.
However, most of the damage claims, if the delivery is inspected and signed, will be refused: you have to inspect the furniture. If item is damaged, it most cases it HAS to be returned with the same truck it got delivered with. We do not produce the furniture we deliver to you, and exchanging parts/whole sets without returning the original delivered furniture piece to the manufacturer is generally impossible.
Please be aware that if some item(s) is(are) found DAMAGED it HAS to go back to our warehouse with the same delivery truck it got delivered with. You should not keep the goods you want exchanged.
This is essential to get your FREE re-delivery of non-damaged item(s).
In 99% of the cases we do not have a replacement for you right away. Manufacturer would need to inspect the broken piece and will issue a brand new piece which we will re-deliver to you for free. However, we provide only 1 FREE re-delivery: and that's if broken piece is returned with initial delivery. In case you'll find a damage after invoice is signed and delivery truck is left, you might request a pickup/exchange, but this will not be a free service. In most areas this pickup/re-delivery fee will be $50, $65, $75, $85 or $95, depending on your area. Shipping customers would need to pay back shipping, if initial delivery is not refused.
If you are having an issue, please contact us at claims @ comfyco. com and we will make every effort to successfully resolve it. Your 100% satisfaction is our primary concern, so we'll work with you until every issue or claim is resolved.
We do not offer any warranty plans at the moment.
Comfyco Furniture shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, add or remove any terms or conditions of these Terms and Conditions Agreement without notice or liability to you. Any changes to this Terms and Conditions Agreement shall be effective immediately following the posting of such changes on this web site. The most recent version of these Terms and Conditions Agreement may always be found on Comfyco, Inc. web site. You agree to review these Terms and Conditions Agreement from time to time and agree that any subsequent use by you of this web site(s) following changes to these Terms and Conditions Agreement shall constitute your acceptance of all such changes.
This Agreement was last modified on March 3, 2013
Comfyco Furniture INC
By buying from our website you are legally agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and are obliged to read this document before you place your order.